Medicine Warehouse Racking/ Medicine Shelving System is also refer to as Medicine Warehouse Rack. It is basically a storage system design to stack materials in horizontal rows with multiple levels. With proper Warehouse Racking, warehouse managers maximize space and optimize Warehouse Racking organization for efficiency and a streamlined picking process. Medicine Warehouse Rack layout plays a major role in Warehouse Racking/shelving System, as aisle width, docking locations, shipping areas, and other warehouse components affect warehouse racking/shelving options. Pallet racking is the most common form of Warehouse Racking/shelving systems.
Components of Warehouse Racking/shelving system
Load beams, also called step beams are support structures that allow for materials to be stored in a horizontal form. The load beams are fit onto the upright framework that enables for the Warehouse Racking/shelving system.
Upright frames are a Warehouse Racking framework that is design to fit into the warehouse design. The upright frames are columns that stand upright and go as high as possible to increase on the capacity of the warehouse. Holes are then drill into these upright columns at regular intervals so as to mount the load beams.
Diagonal braces are weld or bolt between two upright columns to increase on rigidity and strength. They are also refer to as the horizontal braces or the upright frame lacing.
Wire decking is use to increase safety while storing materials in Warehouse Racking. The wire decking is usually a wire-mesh that is fit to the horizontal columns to prevent the store materials from falling from the rack structure. The mesh is used as oppose to a solid base so that dirt does not accumulate at the shelves. The mesh is also use to easy the identification of the specific materials store in each shelve. This is because with the mesh, you can see through even to highly place shelves and know which materials are store at any location.
Foot plated, also known as the face plates are usually placed at the base of the columns to increase on the stability of the column. These anchor are bolted in to firmly support the columns to the concrete floor.
Warehouse Racking/ Shelving System Advantages
- One big advantage of Warehouse Racking is that it helps to save space. The layout in which the racks are build allows to utilizing wasted vertical space.
- Warehouse racking system is reliable. It allows you to store your material for the large period of time.
- It’s much cheaper to employ a racking system than double the square footage of an existing warehouse.
- Adding a racking system can double and sometimes even triple the amount of materials you’re able to handle in your warehouse.
- Direct access to each pallet
- Simple stock management
- Adaptable to any product volume, weight or size