Medicine Warehouse Pallet Racking :
Medicine Warehouse Pallet Racking System:
Medicine Warehouse Pallet Racking System is also referred to as Medicine Warehouse Pallet Racks. It is basically a storage system designed to stack materials in horizontal rows with multiple levels. With proper Warehouse Pallet Racking, warehouse managers maximize space and optimize Warehouse Pallet Racking organization for efficiency and a streamlined picking process. Medicine Warehouse Pallet Racks layout plays a major role in Warehouse Pallet Racking/shelving System, as aisle width, decking locations, shipping areas, and other warehouse components affect warehouse Pallet Racking/shelving options. Pallet racking is the most common form of Warehouse Pallet Racking/shelving systems.
Components of Warehouse Pallet Racking System
Load beams, also called step beams are support structures that allow for materials to be stored in a horizontal form. The load beams are fit onto the upright framework that enables the Warehouse Pallet Racking system.
Upright frames are a Warehouse Pallet Racking framework that is designed to fit into the warehouse design. The upright frames are columns that stand upright and go as high as possible to increase the capacity of the warehouse. Holes are then drilled into these upright columns at regular intervals so as to mount the load beams.
Diagonal braces are welded or bolted between two upright columns to increase rigidity and strength. They are also referred to as horizontal braces or upright frame lacing.
Wire decking is used to increase safety while storing materials in Warehouse Pallet Racking. The wire decking is usually a wire mesh that is fit to the horizontal columns to prevent the store materials from falling from the Pallet rack structure. The mesh is used as opposed to a solid base so that dirt does not accumulate on the shelves. The mesh is also used to ease the identification of the specific materials stored in each shelve. This is because, with the mesh, you can see through even to highly placed shelves and know which materials are stored at any location.
Foot plates, also known as face plates are usually placed at the base of the columns to increase the stability of the column. These anchors are bolted in to firmly support the columns to the concrete floor.
Warehouse Racking/ Shelving System Advantages
- One big advantage of Warehouse Pallet Racking is that it helps to save space. The layout in which the Pallet racks are built allows for the utilization of wasted vertical space.
- The warehouse Pallet racking system is reliable. It allows you to store your material for a large period of time.
- It’s much cheaper to employ a Pallet racking system than double the square footage of an existing warehouse.
- Adding a Pallet racking system can double and sometimes even triple the number of materials you’re able to handle in your warehouse.
- Direct access to each pallet
- Simple stock management
- Adaptable to any product volume, weight, or size