Cantilever Racks are use for storing long, awkward loads that cannot be stored on traditional racking. Storage for long loads, such as timber, trusses, pipes and plywood, is a tricky business. Cantilever Racks are not many available options to keep those kinds of items secure and accessible. The best options are floor stacking or Cantilever Racks and Warehouse Racking System. Commercial Racks used inside or outside and purchased with a rugged finish to keep it looking good regardless of exposure to the elements.
Floor stacking takes up a significant footprint. You can only stack it so high so before you know it, you have piles littering your storage space yet no way to take advantage of the height of your Warehouse Racking System. Floor stacking is lower cost option and requiredless of initial capital investment. But is the waste space worth the saved money?
Cantilever racking use upright secured into strong base with arms and braces to store long load items. The arms extend from the braces forming open shelves which can accommodate large, bulky, long or oddly-shaped loads that are otherwise difficult to store. This allow you to make use of all three dimensions of the available storage space by being able to stack long loads up to the ceiling or as high as your material handling equipment can safely conspire them.
These are specialized racks that are designed to hold large, bulky materials. Cantilever Racks are particularly useful for oddly sized or shaped items. They hold a variety of items such as lumber and PVC or metal pipes. These are a popular choice for customers due to this reason. Furniture racks are an example of this rack type Warehouse Racking System.
Cantilever Racks Components
- Cantilever Uprights: Uprights are the primary components within a cantilever rack. They install along with bases, which create the foundation of the rack. Generally, uprights are designed single or double pieces. With double sided uprights, you can store items on both sides of the rack. Single uprights allow you to store items only on one side. Like most industrial equipment, uprights need to be matched with the right cantilever arms and bases before being installed.
- Cantilever Rack Braces: This is an important component in a cantilever rack. The primary function of braces is to provide stability. They are designed to install in between the uprights. It is important to mention that braces should not be used to hold any of the items on the rack. They should only be used to support and connect uprights. Also, the braces need to be installed in such a manner that they will be of the same length as the spacing between uprights.
- As a specialist in storage solution for a variety of industries and complete line of pallet storage products I am passionate about helping businesses succeed by sharing my knowledge and experience. In this article I would like to explain features of cantilever racks and its importance
Features And Uses Of Cantilever Racks
- They build heavy duty cantilever racks specially to carry bulky and long items. The racks are mostly used in manufacturing facilities, lumber yards and warehouses. The basic structure of the racks composes of uprights, braces and racking arms. Heavy duty cantilever racks are available widely in various sizes and designs that will suit any sort of application.
- The heavy duty Warehouse Racking System can store almost anything and they are configured to meet different applications. The pre-drilled sides and front of the racks allow easy alterations of single to double rack units. Wide range of arm types, lengths and sizes are available in the market. Many Commercial Racks come painted and pre-treated for placing them outdoors in Commercial Racks .
- Commercial Racks do not have any obstructions in the front allowing forklift operators and workers to easily store and retrieve items. For secure placements of delicate items such as furniture the top of each arm is decked.
- Get a professional to assemble the parts on the racks. It will make sure durability and the safety of the good and workers. Buy the racks from an experience company which is highly qualified in providing good installation services and layout design in Warehouse Racking System.
Advantages Of Cantilever Racks
Storing Hard-to-Shelve Items
The design of Commercial Racks allow for the storage of longer, thinner items such as steel racks, beams, lengthy pieces of lumber, or even pre-packed furniture. While these pieces have traditionally prove difficult and cumbersome to store using traditional shelving and rack methods, the open design and overall length of Warehouse Racking System is perfect for any tall, skinny item you need kept off the floor.
Easy Access and Flexibility
The design of Commercial Racks include two smaller racks on either side of a lengthy i-beam with nothing directly above and no traditional ‘shelf’ to speak of. This more open design allow for much easier access, especially on the higher shelves with forklifts.
Save Money and Time
Commercial Racks help you both save effort and get things done more quickly. The design allow for easier item storage and handling, enabling workers to find parts they need more quickly and load them on the shelves far more easily than with other types of racks. The increased storage space they afford, both depth- or length-wise, also allows for more economic space usage by freeing up space in other areas and allowing for deeper storage to store more items in .
Types Of Cantilever Racks
There are light duty cantilever racks available, people use it primarily in hand loading situations only. Employees can access them easily without the use of forklift, handpicking parts and pieces to fill orders. Each arm can hold up to 500 pounds. You can get medium duty (700-1000 pounds) and also heavy duty (5000-6000 pounds) cantilever racking.
I-beam cantilever racks are freestanding racks and available in heights of maximum upto twenty feet. They can hold up to 20,000 pounds and relatively low maintenance option to utilize space while increasing efficiency.
The most common type of cantilever rack is structural Warehouse Racking System. It is capable of handling or storing medium to extra heavy loads. Structural cantilever racks made up of steel components to guarantee superior durability and strength. Each upright has punched holes that extend full height to provide adaptability and versatility for all of your storage requirements.It can used inside or outside and purchased with a rugged finish to keep it looking good regardless of exposure to the elements.
- Cantilever Racks Standard heights: 2 000, 2 600, 3 000, 3 600, 4 000, 4 600, 5 000, 5 600, 6 000 mm, partition 200 mm.
- We can also produce specific heights according to customer requirement with 200 mm partition.
- Section lengths: 750-2 350 mm, partition 200 mm.
- Arms length: 500, 750, 1 000, 1 200, 1 500 and 1 800 mm.
- Load per arm: 250-2 500 kg.
- Lower beam height: 200, 300 and 400 mm. Linked to the dimension of the columns.
- The Cantilever Rack’s total depth: 800-4 000 mm. Depend upon whether it is single or double rack.
Light Cantilever Rack
- Light Cantilever racks Standard Heights: 2 000, 2 600, 3 000, 3 600, 4 000 mm.
- Arm length, single or double: 500, 750, 1 000, 1 200 mm.
- Load or arm: 630, 420, 310, 250 kg.
- Load or side: 1 500-3 000 kg, depending on the number of arms, arm length and column height.
Medium Cantilever Racks
- Medium Cantilever racks Standard Heights: 3 000, 3 600, 4 000, 4 600, 5 000, 5 600, 6 000 mm.
- Arm length, single or double: 500, 750, 1 000, 1 200, 1 500 mm.
- Load or arm: 2 500, 1 680, 1 260, 1 050, 840 kg.
- Load or side: 1 500-4 500 kg, depending on the number of arms, arm length and column height.
Heavy Cantilever Racks
- Heavy Cantilever racks Standard Heights: 4 000, 4 600, 5 600, 6 000 mm.
- Arm length, single or double: 1 000, 1 200, 1 500, 1 800 mm.
- Load or arm: 1 760, 1 470, 1 180, 980 kg.
- Load or side: 2 500-13 500 kg, depending on the number of arms, arm length and column height.